Very frequently, the SQLite system is used for managing the database. This software is open source and does not require any special licenses. A big plus of this system is that it is cross-platform (it can be launched on Unix, Windows, and Mac OS and also on the built-in OS like Symbian). Besides this, the system is very flexible.
- Types of variables in SQLite is dynamic. They are not defined till certain values are assigned to them.
- During a session, one can work with several databases simultaneously. It is necessary only to attach these bases and all their objects will be available for the work.
- If to add the statement which is already somewhere in the base, then SQLite can replace it by the updated data.
Except for the range of advantages, the SQLite database management system has some minuses and does not support certain functions. In some situations, these limitations may be critical.
What are SQLite weaknesses?
- The system does not support Right Outer Join and Full Outer Join, only Left Outer Join.
- One may add only columns to the tables and change only their names in SQLite.
- There are no built-in commands “Grant” and “Revoke”.
- SQLite maintains triggers for each set but does not support for assertions.
Web product testing (system checking, load testing, configuration checking, cross-platform testing, and so on) is not without using the special tools.