PHP as a Scripting Language
The specialists who perform website testing are well acquainted with PHP. Primarily, this acronym meant “Personal Home Page”. But today it is used to mean Hypertext Preprocessor.
PHP is a standard scripting language from the server side. This language is utilized for such products creation as:
- static websites,
- dynamic websites,
- web applications.
For PHP script working, PHP should be installed on server. While the clients’ computers require only a web browser for the access to the scripts.
What Does PHP File Consist of?
- Special PHP tags.
- It may include HTML tags.
- An extension of such type is accordingly “.php”.
Main PHP Products Are:
- social websites (Facebook, Digg)
- CMS systems and blogs (Joomla, Wordpress)
- e-commerce systems (Magento, PrestaShop, OpenCart)
Yahoo! and a well-known Wikipedia are also developed in PHP. This is all because this scripting language may be used with Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server, and others.