5 Tips on How to Get a Job in Software Testing
Before going to an interview to a software testing company, you should know your interests. One should know what he or she likes not only before choosing testing as a career, but before choosing any other career path too.
You have to know your capacities, weak and strong sides and pick up testing only if it’s what you want to do the most, as this is not a job that everyone can do. For it you should have the ability to solve problems, creative thinking and know systems development life cycle methods.
To Find a Job of a Tester One Should:
- Mention his or her previous IT experience; it’ll be a plus if you do not have any software testing experience.
- Get to know various bug tracking tools such as BUGtrack, JIRA, Mantіs, etc.
- Learn the basics of software testing technologies.
- Attend testing courses and get a certificate of a tester.
- Prepare yourself for the interview (one can start doing it while attending courses).
Considering the mentioned points can assist in searching software testing job and in future become an expert in mobile application testing, desktop testing or web site testing. Having mastered manual testing one may develop skills in automated testing and become even more valuable specialist.